Our Services | Personal Care | Domestic Services | Hospital to Home
Clients are able to choose a care package to suit their needs. Here are some examples of the services we provide.
This list is not exhaustive and we will do our best to provide any additional services required.
PERSONAL CARE SERVICES
- Assistance with toileting
- Feeding/Meal and fluids preparation
- Assistance getting up and going to bed
- Assistance with medication/prescription collection
- End of life and palliative care
- Alzheimer/Dementia support
- Relief or holiday respite
- Live in Care : Sleep on calls: Wake nights
- Hospital discharge support and Rehabilitation
- Emergency on call service for advice and information
- Support for family carers
- Mail/shopping/bill payments
- Accompanied visits/Escorting to appointments/social activities
- Assistance with all daily living tasks
- Sitting service
- Security and welfare checks
- Direct payment advice and health and social care referrals
HOSPITAL TO HOME
We also provide a “Hospital to Home” service, to fully support your return home from hospital.This service is designed to be available for you to access as soon as you are discharged from hospital. Working closely with others involved in your care, we help to make sure that your recovery is fully successful and that hopefully you may be able to return to full independence again.
Cathedral Gate Homecare?
“LARGE ENOUGH TO COPE ….. SMALL ENOUGH TO CARE”
We understand the difficult decisions that need to be made when deciding on personal care and support. We recognise the value and importance of helping people to maintain their independence.
- We are a family run local service that cares about our reputation.
- We place high value on Dignity, Compassion and Respect at all times.
- We match clients to carers carefully, so whatever challenges you may face, our carers will be at your side to support you.
- We aim to deliver a consistent and reliable service.
- Our Quality Assurance process ensures that care standards continue to reflect best practice.
Cathedral Gate Homecare
CATHEDRAL GATE HOMECARE Ltd
Owned and managed by Sean and Eileen Kavanagh. As Registered Manager, Sean is a former NHS Director of Modernisation and Service Improvement and has extensive experience in mainstream NHS services as well as a specialist interest in Brain injury and Neurological Care. Since leaving the NHS in 2005, Sean has worked as an Independent management consultant on projects throughout the UK, for the NHS, Charitable, and Private Care Sectors.
Eileen originally trained as an Acute Hospital nurse and has worked extensively in the NHS and Independent Health Care sector for a number of years. A former District Nurse, Eileen has also held management roles in the NHS and for a period was attached to the former Community Health Council, providing advocacy and support to help resolve NHS patient complaints and concerns.
The experience and knowledge Sean and Eileen have both gained from their work in Health and Social care over the years were major factors in their decision to establish Cathedral Gate Homecare. Sean and Eileen’s continuing vision for Cathedral Gate is to provide a caring and reliable service to the best possible standards.
The Cathedral Gate team also includes Care co-ordinators who each bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to their roles and who provide a first point of contact for any client needs or concerns. In addition to the day to day organisation of our Care services, our Care co-ordinators also provide supervision, training and support to our dedicated team of Carers.